How are drones used in logistics?
Il use of drones in logistics is still in its early stages, but is expected to grow in popularity in the coming years.
Drones for last-mile delivery
As drones can fly autonomously or be remotely piloted, they are an efficient and cost-effective option for last-mile delivery. Last-mile delivery is the process of getting a product from a company’s distribution center to the customer’s door. It’s typically very expensive, making up nearly half the total cost of shipping. Drones could be used to make last-mile deliveries, which would be much cheaper and faster than using humans.
Inventory & delivery forecast
They can also be used for inventory management and to improve the accuracy of delivery forecasts. Drones fly over warehouses and scan the inventory to create a map of the warehouse. This can be used to improve the accuracy of delivery forecasts by providing a more accurate inventory count.
The various advantages of drone delivery
- Drones are a faster air deliveries as they use shorter and direct routes, which saves time for companies.
- They offer low operational charges, when compared to vehicle delivery services, which reduces costs.
- Technological advancements like VTOL (Vertical Take-off and Landing), geospatial mapping, IoT, and machine learning result in higher accuracy in package delivery.
- With drones, it is easier to reach remote areas and harsh terrains like jungles, hills, or mountains.
- Drones Provide the convenience of contactless delivery with limited human intervention.
- Drone delivery reduces carbon footprint due to a decrease in energy consumption.
Drone technology for every industry
Explore how drones are implemented into routine business functions in various industries and how renting a drone fleet can be a cost-effective solution for professionals in that field.
Drone solutions for all your ambitions
Curious to understand the power of UAV and their different applications? Select a purpose below to read more about drone tech and how to best utilize them for your business.